LAHINCH 2017

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

rhonacrowley
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

It's that time of year again for one of ULKC's most loved trips - LAHINCH. Taking place at the end of week 3 or the weekend of Friday 22nd September. This trip is open to everyone including beginners. You are 110% guaranteed a great weekend where you'll make loads of ends, get a taste of some surf kayaking in one of Ireland's top surfing beaches, daycent banter and sure you might even get the shift, who knows. JUST GO, you won't regret it.

We'll be starting taking €20 deposits at the pool this week in order to sign up. The total cost is €35 with the balance being due by Thursday 21st September. Payments must be made by cash only. Talk to Katie Reidy if you've any issues regarding payment. This trip is for members only so make sure you have paid your membership!! (this can be done at any of our pool sessions)

Included in your €35 is; transport, accommodation, all necessary kayaking gear and some food (breakfast & dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday)

We'll be leaving the UL boathouse at 6pm Friday 22nd September and returning to UL in the evening of Sunday 24th. We'll be staying at West Coast Lodge in Lahinch this year.

As per tradition we'll be invading the nightclub in Lahinch Saturday night with our big costume night with this years theme being INANIMATE OBJECTS so get creating. Don't be afraid to go all out with your costume, everyone always makes a big effort for this.

All you need for this trip is swimming togs and a towel and ULKC can provide everything else kayaking related. Don't forget your costume and usual weekend bits and bobs you'd need too of course.

Places are limited so make sure to sign up asap to guarantee yourself an unreal weekend.

Hit me up if you've any questions.

P.S I'm looking for previous members to volunteer to help out with this massive weekend so please please please let me know if you'd be willing to lend a hand at some point and I will roster people out xo
Volunteer now to get first dibs on jobs from the following: preparing club cooking equipment, shopping, packing and cooking
Last edited by rhonacrowley on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Connie Collins
Insert Rank Comment >Here<

Yeah I'll do cooking
cc tm bh 12
+353 87 63 555 83
EoinMorgan
Insert Rank Comment >Here<

I'll shop because I'm cool
Yet another Eoin
jessielangridge
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

I'll cook, clean whatever needs doing xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fresher's granny
Rich Moran ULKC
Yeah I got a few posts

Will help ye out, any jobs needed
Dan
Preposterous amount of posts "Preposter-Post"

I can help out

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Diarmaid_Moloney
Big Man On The Board Now

I'll help out with the shopping.
Meghan Lynch

€35 transferred from me, Ref is MLynchLahinch and ill help out wherever I'm needed, just probs not shopping or packing because coop thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jessielangridge

Is there anyone going up a bit later Friday evening or early Saturday morning? I have work until after 6 on Friday so if anyone has a free seat going I'd be very grateful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fresher's granny
Rich Moran ULKC
Yeah I got a few posts

It would suit me to drive to Lahinch as I would like to be back in Limerick Sunday afternoon (Sister visiting from Scotland).

If a few people are stuck making the bus at 6pm could fit 4 in the car plus myself. Just putting this out there!
Rich