Committee Meeting Agenda Input

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
Peter_Walsh
S.P.

This is a new thread for 2020-2021 for all club members to post items they would like added to bi-weekly committee meeting's agenda.
If you can style a rapid but you can't run it upside down, you haven't really run it then, have you?

Phone: 0892558367
Email: [email protected]
Peter_Walsh
S.P.

Next committee meeting:
Tuesday 3rd March

Post agenda items below
If you can style a rapid but you can't run it upside down, you haven't really run it then, have you?

Phone: 0892558367
Email: [email protected]
SamOC
Big Man On The Board Now

I was planning a Nottingham trip there a while back but I'm a lazy bollocks so did all the research ect but didnt follow through.

Could be a hugely beneficial trip for the club.
https://www.ulkayak.com/msg_board/viewt ... Nottingham

Another club trip to Scotland at the end of the summer could be another good shout, in around Wet West.

If Italy is completely off the cards France would be a good shout, Austria too head to Wildalpen you've got a decent freestyle feature in the town. Salza is a bit like the soca and you have a class 4 run that's guaranteed to run about 30mins drive away.
The Fresh Prince of Kildare.
RobCampbell
O.C.M

Something non actual kayak related, but we haven’t gotten any club merch yet this year and I feel like now is a good a time as any to get some.

Also could we get an other order for rash vests, last time we got some was 3 years ago and I’d say a lot of people would be up for getting their own ones especially with the massive uptake in Polo at the moment and they’re ideal for corbally outback sessions as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rhonacrowley
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

Could we do some sort of a fundraiser for the ICRR? They’re badly in need of funds at the moment and at risk of shutting down.
Thinking a virtual run could be fun to do over the quarantine. 5km race that you time yourself on strava. Donation to ICRR as entry. Could hype it up and try get the Irish paddling community involved. Maybe a prize for the winner?
ToirealachMurnion
Yurt

So, my rowing club has been doing this event/daily challenge that involves some sort of exercise every day. Everyone is split into teams of four and there's a Google drive that you fill out when/if you do the challenge. The team with the most points gets some sort of prize once quarantine ends. So far it's been great fun and good motivation to do some form of exercise everyday. I thought it might be a nice idea if the club did a kayaking version of this while we're in quarantine?
Leg hot, hot hot leg, leg so hot you fry an egg

jillpf
I'm really out of my shell

Couple of bits for the agenda (ill throw a review in the google form when I get a chance too!)
-Ladies Varsities Training Days (first one is the 19th of December on the Lee) We need equity to ensure equality, also fab oppurtinity for networking and great for advancing skills and confidence so we can have 50:50 teams!!
-Current Club Communication Structure and Trip/Session Planning Structure

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

RobCampbell
O.C.M

This doesn’t have to be put on the next agenda for a committee meeting but an idea to keep in mind.

Inter-college WW race league

What I mean by this is organise a race league between the colleges. Can have races on the likes of CC and UB. You’d charge everyone an entry fee for the league say €10pp. And have 4 categories:
Fresher Male
Fresher Female
Non Fresher Male
Non Fresher Female
(Fresher meaning someone new to kayaking this year, so the likes of Rian and Roarke wouldn’t be fresher, it’s only fair )

In terms of the races we can try borrow the IV race bibs (the green and black ones)

This would be a great way for all club members to build ties between other colleges. Another aspect you could bring into it is on the night before the final race you can have that college captains forum that was discussed at the last captains and safeties meeting before varsities (Peter knows what I’m on about)

In terms of prizes with everyone throwing €10pp we could get some good prizes depending on the amount that enter, could also ask the likes of CH Marine for even partial sponsor of prizes.

Another upside for the club is more income coming into the club.
Again this is just an idea I had while driving home but I think it would be a really cool thing to do. It would also bring on people’s paddling abilities both safety wise and general paddling. I’ve a few more ideas regarding the logistics of it so feel free to send me a text about it, also wouldn’t mind helping organize it if ye decide we want to go with it