Darkness into Light Paddle

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
Karenos
I'm really out of my shell

Hey guys! So trying to figure out if there's people interested in doing a 'Darkness into Light' paddle again this year. The Darkness into Light run is taking place on May 12th, so most people will be finished exams. The run is starting at 4:15am (so not sure what time we would be heading out but don't expect a lie in). The Darkness into Light events are taking place in over 180 venues across 4 continents so this is an huge initiative to be a part of.

For those of you who don't know, the 'Darkness into Light' is run by Pieta House. They are an amazing charity who help to combat suicide and offer support those who suffer from self harm, those who are in suicidal distress, and the families and friends of victims of suicide. On the 10th of May 2017, my childhood friend Sarah took her own life. Pieta House have provided unthinkable support to Sarah and her family over the years. I personally feel very strongly about supporting this cause and supporting Pieta House. Darkness into Light is vital to Pieta Houses's fundraising and crucial to raising awareness about suicide and self harm.

Please comment and let me know if any of ye are willing to make this happen.
Thanks
Last edited by Karenos on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laura_os29
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

I'll be there

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0871206381
rlanders97
Getting busy on the forums now!

Definitely would be interested but I’ve an exam on the 14th will have to see how I’m fixed for it first.
Meghan Lynch
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

I'm finished on the 11th May so I'm definitely up for this :) thanks for sharing Kar!
NiklasW

I’ll do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jose_Sanz
Whoohoo!

Thanks Karen, I’ll be there
Karen_oSullivan
Insert Rank Comment >Here<

Ya I'll be there :D
Karen O'Sullivan
[email protected]
Rich Moran ULKC
Yeah I got a few posts

I will be there Karen. Ulkc could team up with the Limerick Kayak club. They have organised large groups of paddlers to do this also for the last few years.
LaurenKavanagh
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

Ya I'll be there

Sent from my MYA-L11 using Tapatalk

Karenos

Hi guys. Due to a back injury I sustained over the weekend I'm not allowed paddle for the next month or 2, meaning I won't be able to take part in the 'Darkness into Light' event.
Really sorry, but I hope that between those who are interested in going that this paddle still takes place as it is for a great cause. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

NiklasW

Ill be there for it!