Website & Forum Upgrade/Update

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
Eoin_Hayes
S.P.

Hey Guys, Over the next few months ( over the summer) I plan with the help of a small team to upgrade and improve the website and forum use. At the moment the website is a bit outdated and isnt widely used , only as a landing page. The main focus is the forum. I want to try and merge both as much as possible and fix any issues that people have with the forum. So, this is your chance to complain about the way the forum/website works :D .

Forum
Have you ever experienced problems with using the forum that you wish you would fixed, functionalities you think would be beneficial to the forum or anything else you can think of ? be it be from profiles pics being too small to the forum not being easy to read on your phone, can you post any ideas/problems below.

Website
As I said the website is VERY outdated apart from the newsfeed which is updated with articles. I am looking for any ideas from the design of it to adding functionalities to it? Can ye post below!

I am really looking for a good input from club members as ye will be the ones using it so it is in your best interest to try and improve it the best you can.
If you have any questions let me know

Eoin
Eoin Hayes
[email protected]
Diarmaid_Moloney
Big Man On The Board Now

Have a login with Facebook or Google for the forum.
Cathal
I have notions

The webpage, all it really needs is a possible new WordPress theme and a bit more content. The back end of the website itself is fairly current and up to date for web technologies, and can be bleeding edge this summer if needed. It's only short on content and design at the moment, and the current design was one I put together in a short space of time to have a working site that was to be improved since.

Skynet are investing in proper new servers in the next few months, and it will be possible to then have a link between external accounts (e.g. Google accounts) and your forum account. You'll still need to have your actual name as a forum name (it's a measure to prevent fake forum accounts from being created) , but you should be able to log in with your Google account and have your forum account linked. Single Sign On its called.

Facebook don't like people logging in with Facebook accounts elsewhere, without paying a significant sum of money as a subscription (as far as I've been able to gather anyway) but Google are okay to use.
Once the new servers are in place and configured, the club accounts will be able to contact outbound to other websites and this will also make it lots easier to manage both the forum and the WordPress installation. It is currently disabled as a security measure, but that will be removed with the new servers.

The mailing list is now working well again, and should really be used instead of bcc from gmail.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
--
My Madness is all that keeps me Sane..
Contact on +353876438725 - [email protected] (not on Facebook much/ever anymore)