AGM Monday 30th of January

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
30th of JANUARY
7PM (6:30 PM to help set up)

It's that time of year again to elect a new committee for the club! Any registered club member is eligible for all committee positions, it doesn't matter if you're a brand new fresher or if you've spent your whole college life in the club as long as you think you'd be good at a particular role the job can be yours :D !!

Now that there's about two weeks to go you need to start thinking long and hard about what job would suit you (or if you thought a job would be well suited to someone else). You must be reasonable about this and make sure you are committed in giving time needed to do the job as best you can, not all positions are suited to everyone and some do take up a fair bit more time over others and require that bit more organisation. If you are thinking about going for any of the positions talk to the current committee members and see exactly what the job entails; here is a list that Brian put up about all committee positions, what the responsibilities are and who currently holds that position (viewtopic.php?f=79&t=19477) everyone's more than happy to answer any questions.

It's a brand new clean slate for the club so all committee positions are up for grabs!! It doesn't matter what rumours you hear over the next few weeks no one is definitely on the 2017 committee so even if you only joined the club this year you've just as much of a chance as any other member of getting any position so dream big!!
  • If anyone would like to add something to the agenda please e-mail [email protected] no later than Tuesday the 24th of January at 6pm.
One last tip; discuss who you think would be good at what positions if you want, but remember to vote for who you genuinely think would do the best job, rather than voting for someone just because they're your friend or because the person beside you is voting for them. Remember this is your committee for the next year and it will be down to them to make sure the club runs smoothly.

Best of Luck!! :D

We hope to see many of you there!! (P.S Please show face even if you don't want to go for anything we need to reach quorum to make this official :) )
Why cant it be as easy to keep track of the lads I've been with, as it is with the club money.
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

If anyone is interested in taking on the role of club treasurer but is worried about being in charge of the budget or not exactly sure of what it is, there's a workshop with Michelle (the person in charge of all SU budgets) on Monday the 30th of January 6-7 pm (so just before the AGM) in the SU Room 3, in which she runs through your role in the club, and goes through in detail what the budget is and how you look after it.

It's one of the most important jobs in the club but it's really simple to do once you keep on top of it so even if there's only a slight chance you'll go for that job it's worth while going to.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Why cant it be as easy to keep track of the lads I've been with, as it is with the club money.
EoinK
I've got alot to say for myself

#secondyearsforcaptain

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
Phone: 0876637836. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/eoin.keyes.3

Loadsa kayakin videos, mostly of ULKC people: http://www.youtube.com/user/kayakincheese

Kayaking blog: http://eoinkeyes.blogspot.ie/
Mark Fitz
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

Location is confirmed as KBG13

See ye all there :)
+353 87 9305667
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Thanks everyone who made it to the AGM last night, definitely the biggest turnout I've seen in my time. The presentation I made is below and includes who was elected into each position for anyone who missed it. Well done and good luck to all of them.
AGM Presentation.pdf
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 152 times
16298602_1269507123128348_8506659806793296530_n.jpg
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
GavinSheehan
I have notions

Definitely the biggest turn out in a long long time!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733