Quippie Notifications Thread

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

This thread is for any updates relating to equipment and it's usage from the equipment officer and should be kept free from other chat as much as possible.
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Quick Update
I have put up two new racks in the private section at the back of the boathouse. The private section in the drying room is getting too full and peoples gear is being buried under piles of other wet gear. If space must be made I will hang dry private gear on the new racks to leave space for wet things in the drying room and I would suggest you do the same. Ideally if your gear is dry put it in a bag and take it away or do what you want with it but the private gear space is too small for people to leave things for months. Thank you.
Private Gear Section.JPG
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

I-Canoe Clubcards
I've gotten us some custom clubcards for I-Canoe. At the moment they do absolutely nothing other than look good in your wallet. There are talks however of having offers exclusive to clubcard holders or possibly a points system to earn rewards either for you or the club. I can't confirm that they will ever be useful but I will give them out anyway and if they ever do become useful you can thank me then.

As I don't have that many I will give one to every person who has ordered items from I-Canoe through me in any of my last 4 club orders. And because I'm a nice guy I'll also give you one if you can give me a good reason and you have a friendly smile. I'll try to bring them to the pool or if you pass me on the street just knock me to the ground and steal one. I will keep a note of what card I give each person so if you lose it you won't get a new one... Stephen O'Dea.

#LovinMyNewThread #300Posts
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
Last edited by BrianOMahony on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

JackPhelan
I've got alot to say for myself

The large cage trailer is now full of airbags as we are doing pressure tests on them.
Make sure to put some in your boat if you are going to a river.
Phone: 086 322 9783
JackPhelan

While its great that people are wanting to learn how to weld, if it's your first go or you still aren't 100% at it please practice on the older habitats down the back of the boathouse.
The remix and mamba 8.1 were both over heated way too much and are more than likely going to crack straight away again.
JackPhelan

If you are using club ratchets please make sure to return them tidily back into the cubby holes, they shouldn't be all knotted up on the ground like this
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

There's a lot of ropes going missing from the boathouse lately. I suspect people may have taken them away with their gear accidently after a trip. Can anyone who has one please return it now as it will be needed for the Donegal trip. And if you might have one then check. Sound.
Ropes.jpg
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

mmmm_scandalous
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

BrianOMahony wrote:There's a lot of ropes going missing from the boathouse lately. I suspect people may have taken them away with their gear accidently after a trip. Can anyone who has one please return it now as it will be needed for the Donegal trip. And if you might have one then check. Sound.
Ropes.jpg
I suspect a lot of them to be in the back of boats. Next day there are 20 or so people in the boathouse together it might be worth emptying out the boats completely and seeing what's in them

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Eyjafjallajökull Eyjafjallajökull consists of a volcano completely covered by an ice cap. The ice cap covers an area of about 100 square kilometres (39 sq mi), feeding many outlet glaciers. The main outlet glaciers are to the north; Gígjökull,
mmmm_scandalous
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

A quick look doesn't do as they could be behind airbags

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Eyjafjallajökull Eyjafjallajökull consists of a volcano completely covered by an ice cap. The ice cap covers an area of about 100 square kilometres (39 sq mi), feeding many outlet glaciers. The main outlet glaciers are to the north; Gígjökull,
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Hey guys, I've made a new thread called "What's Broken" where you can post about all the boats and gear you're breaking. I'd like to see this thread completely chat free as it should only contain important notifications from your Quippies. All posts about broken boats have been moved.

While I'm here, here's one last notification; there is a dehumidifier in the boathouse drying room which I empty everytime I'm there. The last time I was there someone had emptied it and put the water bottle back in wrong. All water missed the bottle and there was a huge puddle on the floor. The handle must face out when it's put back in. Photos below to explain.

Handle faces outwards.
asd.jpg
Then just push it in.
12596269_1255572934460107_1823927858_n.jpg
I swear that's my last one and I'll leave it to the current Quippies to give out about stupid stuff from here on. Thanks. XO
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

JackPhelan

The Creekers have been sorted in to Small, Medium and Large again, with a section for each.

If you take a boat can you make sure to put it back where it was taken from, this makes it a lot easier for people who mightn't know what size a boat is to find the right boat for them.
If you don't know where to put the kayak back just ask someone who does and they will show you.