REC 3

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
Conor Lowe
I've got alot to say for myself

Hey guys!!

So I'm hoping to hopefully fill a group to do a REC 3 course for the weekend of the 27th-28th of November. For those of you who don't know REC (Rescue and Emergency Care) is an extremely beneficial first aid course that can be used in a wide variety of everyday life situations. The course will provide you with every necessary skill to deal with any situation whether it's in the middle of town, on top of mountain or by the side of the river. This is a must have course for anyone who is looking to really get into paddling. (Also looks good on a CV :wink: )

Its a very diverse course spread over two days that I recommend everyone in the club to do at some stage!! However because it's first aid it's also very serious. There is no room for faffing in this course as it requires your full focus and concentration at all times!!

The course costs 1650 euro to run with a max group of 12 people. However with a third subsidy for club member is works out at approximately 92 euro each . This cost includes the running of the course along with manuals and certs after.

I'm really hoping to fill this course with as many people as we can so that it as cheap as possible for everyone. Anyone who would like to do the course post up here in this thread.

For more information about REC 3 and what it's about click the link :D

http://www.first-response.ie/courses/rec3_courses.htm
StephenODea
Big Man On The Board Now

Its during study week so?
Caoimhe_F

What's the story with refreshers?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Laura_os29
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

Definitely interested
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0871206381
PatrickBrennan
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

Feck sake Conor, why study week :( ?
GavinSheehan
I have notions

PatrickBrennan wrote:Feck sake Conor, why study week :( ?
Because it's the only time he can guarantee people will be available. You have 5 weeks notice. That's plenty of time to arrange your work so you can take the 2 days off!
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
JackPhelan

Also its not during study week, it is the Friday to Sunday of week 12, so the weekend before study week
Phone: 086 322 9783
Conor Lowe

Sorry lads. They're the only dates I were given.
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

With a full week between the course and your first exam this should be easily manageable for everyone. It's hugely beneficial for you to have it as you continue paddling, or just for everyday life, and if you ever plan to do it now is the time. These courses aren't run as frequently as you think and anywhere else cost atleast €160, so €92 is a great price. Conor is essentially throwing money at you to indulge in this course.
Caoimhe_F wrote:What's the story with refreshers?
Also giz an answer on that?
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
j3enns
Hi, I'm new round here

I am interested! Let me know if we get enough people.
Diarmaid_Moloney
Big Man On The Board Now

Yep put me down
PatrickBrennan

Sorry Conor I was just stressed out yesterday and overreacted I apologise; but I probably won't be doing this as I don't have any of the gear needed for first aid yet.
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Patrick no gear is necessary. He will have everything you need and it will help you when you do come to making your own one too. The only real reasons not to do this course is financial or time constraints but for them just read my last post. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
PatrickBrennan

Oh right thanks Brian I thought you needed your own gear for it. Conor I apologise again for my earlier reaction; consider me signed up for now
PaulAustin
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

Do you need REC 2 first?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk