Fitness Training

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

Who's ready to kick off the new college year with some fitness/ conditioning and core exercises in the boathouse once a week before our pool sessions.

The kayak club don't have access to the rowers gym and the only way we could use it is by becoming a member of the rowing club and using it when they do, which isint ideal.

Although we have unrestricted access to the boathouse whenever we want, so if ye were interested in doing some free weight exercises, comment below and let me know what day would suit you best.

Thanks
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

I'll go to the first one whenever it is just to see what all the #HYPE is about. Giz a date and a time.
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
StephenODea
Big Man On The Board Now

Sounds good, why not just join the club for 5 euro, and then use the weights?
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

CormacRowe wrote:the only way we could use it is by becoming a member of the rowing club and using it when they do
For the €10 membership you are allowed to attend the rowers gym sessions at their specified times. Using the gym outside those hours isn't allowed right now.

Cormac is talking about having just us, doing what we can in our section of the boathouse. Not sure what he has in mind but I'll give him a chance. ONE chance :P
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

BrianOMahony wrote: Not sure what he has in mind but I'll give him a chance. ONE chance Image
I will mainly be focusing on core exercises and stretches.
I will start soon enough, when people get settled in a bit :)

I'll take that chance and rock it!

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

Hey Guys,
Since I won't be down in Limerick much this year, the fitness training will have to hold off until next year unless someone else wants to take initiative. Thanks

mmmm_scandalous
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

Are ye sure its the rowers gym? Or is it them telling you its their gym? There is a plaque up at the entrance of the boathouse saying that the complex is for the benefit of rowers, kayakers, mountain bikers and opc.. Seems a bit unfair that only they have access to the gym

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Eyjafjallajökull Eyjafjallajökull consists of a volcano completely covered by an ice cap. The ice cap covers an area of about 100 square kilometres (39 sq mi), feeding many outlet glaciers. The main outlet glaciers are to the north; Gígjökull,
SamOC
Big Man On The Board Now

I believe they own all of the gym equipment
The Fresh Prince of Kildare.
GavinSheehan
I have notions

They definitely bought and own all of the equipment.
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

What about the gym room? If the building is for the benefit of those mark said. Theoretically- if we bought our own equipment, we could use that room to store and use it?

GavinSheehan
I have notions

It's very complicated. UL Sport are involved now and have the boathouse as a commercial entity so we won't get in there. The Rowers are having an awful time getting enough time for themselves.
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

Grand, well it's a definite no anyway :/