Accident Report Procedures

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
Caoimhe_F
I've got alot to say for myself

This is important for all of ye to know guys so please give it a read!

For those of you who don't know, the money that you paid to join the club goes towards your insurance with us. And this insurance covers you if any accident/injury occurs while partaking in any club activity - this is the reason why we hound you to pay your money and don't let you do any of our activities if you haven't paid - it's for your own sake.

However, there are procedures to be followed in order to make an insurance claim. These are procedures you don't need to know about until you have to make a claim, but what you do need to know is that you simply cannot make an insurance claim if you haven't submitted an accident report form.

The most important things that you have to do to abide by these procedures is to tell somebody as soon as you get injured, and if the injury doesn't go away, keep us well informed. As well as this, ensure that you fill out an accident report form with the safety officer if the injury persists and before you incur any medical expenses! All you have to do is annoy the Safety Officer until that form is filled out, and then you can weep in a corner and return to feeling sorry for your injured self.

As a sidenote, filling out an accident report form ties you in to nothing insurance-wise, ie. you're not obliged to take things further by filling this out. By doing it, all you're doing is making people aware of what happened to you, so that further down the line, if you realise you need medical attention, you can come back to us and say that you need expenses covered. You cannot come back a month after an injury saying you need expenses covered if you didn't submit a form when it happened, because if it isn't on an accident report form, it didn't happen in the eyes of the higher authorities.
niall c
I'm really out of my shell

What I thought was a fart turned out to be so much more than a fart in wales 2011, can I claim?
GavinSheehan
I have notions

niall c wrote:What I thought was a fart turned out to be so much more than a fart in wales 2011, can I claim?
The window to claim has elapsed...
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
Cathal
I have notions

Please read this thread..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
--
My Madness is all that keeps me Sane..
Contact on +353876438725 - [email protected] (not on Facebook much/ever anymore)