AGENDA ITEMS WEEK 10

Stuff that isn't involving getting wet here (nights out, fundraising etc)
LukeKelly
Big Man On The Board Now

Anything for the committee meeting week 10???
Ethan
Insert Rank Comment >Here<

Open sourcing the club website and boards using Github so that members can suggest patches etc. it can be done securely it just takes some initial systems being set up. the boards is more of a concern than the website because the website is already using modern technology, yes the boards technology is up to date(as in latest versions of phpBB) but is it using modern technology or modern ui design etc.? Nope.

whether we stay using phpbb is a different question but my suggestion is to open up the club code the club uses for all suitable applications for collaborative development so that it can be improved to suit the clubs own needs/style and and allow member past present and future to give to the club in another way.

It would take some work to put the code in public domain initially but it would be absolutely worth it for the club in the long run.

It is a fact that open source can provide better security that closed source - just look at bitcoin.

I also understand that if we begin customisation it will affect how we integrate updates from stuff we use already such as phpbb but I know this is something we can solve too.

this might not concern the majority of the club but it would certainly benefit the entirety of the club!
Cathal
I have notions

(edited and split the IT-related discussion elsewhere. Original posts are still available but not publicly visible)

Agenda items
impressions and teething problems with the boards?
Also any help required with webpage or forum usage etc, please ask.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
--
My Madness is all that keeps me Sane..
Contact on +353876438725 - [email protected] (not on Facebook much/ever anymore)
MikeShaw
Big Man On The Board Now

Also a demo of a potential new website which cathal is forgetting... When is your meeting? I can present via skype.
"Isn't that Sexual Harrasment?"

"Not if you're Good Looking!"
GavinSheehan
I have notions

Next Tuesday at 7pm Mike.
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
MikeShaw
Big Man On The Board Now

So that clashes with my lecture but I have recorded a demo where I walk through everything, its about 12 mins long or so. I will send it to Luke and you can watch it and send me back any questions. :D

Ethan
Insert Rank Comment >Here<

moving and/or hiding of peoples comments without any notification to the person who's words were moved/hidden or an explanation of why. I think there should at the very minimum be a notification to the person who's words are moved if not an explanation of why it is being done.
MikeShaw
Big Man On The Board Now

I am just going to leave this here...

http://blog.squarespace.com/blog/square ... t-discount

And yes UL is registered! Say whaaaaaaaaa?