Trip Permission

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

StephenWatkins
Yeah I got a few posts

In standing with our Safety Statement, every club trip (a club trip is any trip that uses club gear) must be approved by two members of the core committee. Historically this has been the Captain and Safety Officer (currently myself and Peter Walsh) and will be clarified in the updated Safety Statement.

Potential trips must be approved this way so the club can make a judgement on whether the trip is safe to go ahead. We also need to know who/how many people are going and where they are going to. It is also done so that if suitable, the trip can be announced to more members of the club. This is to avoid the problem of small private trips that are not being communicated to other members of the club.

Approval may only come in the form of express permission, ie. "Can X, Y and myself go to Wicklow to paddle Jacksons" and a positive reply is given.

Should any member go on an unpermitted trip (being told no or not asking members of the core committee) where club gear is used, they are in breach of the Safety Statement and will face disciplinary action, up to and including permanent membership removal.
For a good time call 087 248 7302
Or email [email protected] outside business hours
"Inside every great man is a little spoon"