RSR 1 and Level 2 Assessment

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

Dan
Preposterous amount of posts "Preposter-Post"

Hi lads,

Three topics. The RSR course we ran in the Alps at the bottom of Serp 1. Trainee instructors who forgot to get me to sign their logbooks might get them to me. Also there were 30 people there many of which won't want or need a cert. Those that do however should let me know and I can put them through the Canoe Ireland system. It might/will cost a fiver for the cert.

Some trainee instructors I'm thinking Steve O'Dea, Dmoney for starters need to sit in on another RSR 1 so I will run one when it suits everyone we need guinea pigs (sorry!) and I am away from June 29th to July 4th but I should be able to accommodate a course throughout most of the summer. Again €5 a cert. Maybe after 6 to allow Dmoney to come after work.

Finally Level 2 assessment I have a lad in Tipp who needs one and Amy Dearmody so as soon as I have four more I'll run it.

PS I will be going a GAISCE trip over the summer (with 3 maybe 4 of my lads pending committee approval) and hopefully afterwards a level 3 assessment which I will look for a Level 3 instructor for. I have 4 lads and I'm looking for 2 more who are fairly confident of passing. Instructors don't like having to break the bad news if you fail! Stay posted and comment below if you are interested.

Kind Regards,
Dan
Jamiefennell
I'm really out of my shell

Hi Dan, if I could put me through for the rsr 1 I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
StephenODea
Big Man On The Board Now

Class, thanks Dan. Yeah let me know when you are running these.Need another Lv2 and Rsr 1.
NiklasW

Hi Dan, I haven't done any of the assessments so level 2 or 3 whichever you think I'll pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eoin_Hayes
S.P.

HI Dan , Could you put me through for the RSR 1 please, Thanks
Eoin Hayes
[email protected]
Jose_Sanz
Whoohoo!

Same as Niklas, didn't have a chance to do any assessment so I'll let you decide where to put me in, cheers
Dan

Hi lads,

Going to Spain next week so I'll leave it till I come back. Nik and José you are probably ready for a level 3 assessment but as it will only cost 5 bucks you might come along to make up the numbers in a level 2 assessment just make sure you can empty a boat while your in one. The swimmer can assist. Jamie I'll put you in for the RSR I need 5 more lads to put in so anyone who was there that day who wants one let me know.

Anyone who wasn't there who want an RSR let me know we could probably do the Level 2 assessment and the RSR on the same day outback. Maybe on a weekend when the weather is good.

José and Nik if you want your level 3 I'll put you down on the list and as I have four lads already we should be good to go. I am trying to organise a Gaisce trip for the lads in I teach and I have a few details to sort out but as soon as I am done with that I'll try to organise it so that the level 3 assessment is on the last day of their trip.

Kind Regards,
Dan
Dan

Looking like teh 22nd or 23rd of July for the level 3 assessment probably cost €30 or €40 euro.
Jose_Sanz
Whoohoo!

I'm good with that Dan, level 2 and then 3 whenever you think is ok

Rich Moran ULKC
Yeah I got a few posts

I will help out if needed Dan
Dan

Hi Lads,

I have booked a level three assessment for the following people on the 23rd of July which is a Sunday on CC at 10 in the morning.

1. Dylan Campion
2. Peter Morrissey
3. Frank Culhane
4. José Sanz
5. Sinead Ní Reagle
6. Nikolas Wiessbruch

It will cost €30 myself and Richie will be there too.

Kind Regards,
Dan
NiklasW

Ok cool, I'll take the morning off work so!

Dan

Hi lads,

I will put Jamie and Eoin Hayes in for RSR 1. It looks like Steve O'D can't make an assessment before July 29th when Paddy is doing the assessment but I will do one for ye whenever it suits just let me know in time to organize guinea pigs. We can do RSR the same day.

Kind Regards,
Dan
Ucc5lyfe
Ciaran Devine

C'mere I'd love to do an rsr if you're running one over the Summer.. I've a work schedule as consistent as the Irish weather though but if it worked out we can have a few tins after :)