Level 3 Assessment - Pool Allocations

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

Eoin_Hayes
S.P.

FROM SAM

I need people to volunteer if theyre at the pool these nights.

Our level 3s going for it are:

Keith O'Brien--------------Alex Cummins
Eoin Hayes----------------- Daragh Heffernan
Jamie Fennell------------Eoin Howard
Stephen Watkins----------- Brian O'Mahony
Aisling McCarthy----------Oisin Higgins
Anthony McGwynne------Shane Desmond
Jessie Langridge ---------Jack Phelan

If anyone is struggling with rolling ill give a hand or assign someone to help. The assessment is next Sunday.
Focus on nailing all the strokes smoothly. X rescues and t rescues need to on point.

Andrew has said that this is his main criteria for passing

Hey guys, its likely I'll be assessing you on L3 skills. You can have a look at all the skills on the criteria sheet but I can break down those I pass and fail pretty easily into 3 boxes I want to tick.
1. Comfortability in current. This relates to your boat control moving to and from the current. Its easy to spot if somebody is not fully confident and comfortable making those moves.

2. Rescue Ability. The whole premise of the L3 is for you and 2 others to be competent to paddle moving water as an independent group so I will need to see fast and effective X-Rescues (emptying boat across your own). Its technique more than strength to do this so practice in the pool (use airbags). You may use the swimmer and other paddler to help you but only if you are acting in charge and communicating exactly what you want them to do.

3. and lastly I'll need to see any type of roll on the day. Having a solid roll will sway me to pass you if its 50-50.
Think of it as just any day on the river and hopefully we can all take a few things away from it. I'll try fit in some more advanced coaching where appropriate too. See you when I see you and if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask
Eoin Hayes
[email protected]