Wales Playlist

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

Cathal
I have notions

It's that time again - for people that are going on the Wales Expedition this January 2017, to submit the tunes for the playlist!
Please check out this Google Form, to submit your music choice:
https://goo.gl/forms/9TjczsjaQzlcx5Fk1

Things to remember:
  • We'll be listening to this all of the time, so make your choice something we will be able to listen to!
  • Music that is less than 5 min is preferred. It's not cool to force everyone to listen to a 9 minute orchestral movement from an obscure Russian film each round of the playlist. A tune like that may end up getting skipped..
  • There will likely be a one or two red herrings in the list as well, with forfeits in the game (everyone drink for failure) if the player makes an incorrect choice!
  • Try to pick something you like, that is not necessarily going to be easy for someone else to guess as being your tune..
  • DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE GET YOUR SONG....
I'll have the tunes randomised, but in an order, and with the tags properly set (should make it easy to use with iPods etc). I'll have an ipod shuffle with only the playlist on it and might even burn it to CD..
  1. All the tunes will be played all the time, when driving, when in the hostel, etc etc. It's the background music to the trip. You'll hear a tune in a few years and it'l remind you of exactly of that time..
  2. No skipping of tunes, at least until after the game is played
  3. Don't blame me for any terrible choice of music - blame your friend that chose it!
So go ahead and think carefully about your choices! Please make it a good one!
Deadline is 00:00 Monday January 9th
That allows me enough time to get it all together and to put it up for people to take it down and copy to their devices..
--
My Madness is all that keeps me Sane..
Contact on +353876438725 - [email protected] (not on Facebook much/ever anymore)
ConallS
Can you pass me that Biro

I'm thinking Bat out of Hell again....

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Key thing here is DON'T TELL ANYONE YOUR SONG. No matter what they say, don't let anyone find out yours.
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
PatrickBrennan
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

BrianOMahony wrote:Key thing here is DON'T TELL ANYONE YOUR SONG. No matter what they say, don't let anyone find out yours.
And Don't be as predictable as me...... ( I'm not going so ye'll be grand I'm sure)
AlexCummins
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

Here's the last 2 playlist for anyone who's curious or wants an idea of what kind of songs people usually put on but it's up to you! Put on what you like and remember it doesn't have to be a song everyone will know! Nice to have a few obscure ones in there!!

Alps 2016 Playlist

Donegal 2016 Playlist
I'm just here to have fun, make friends, and fŭck shit up!
Cathal
I have notions

Playlist done (finally).
(MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CURRENT VERSION BELOW. I hadn't updated the list after a few people changed their songs, and someone from UCC submitted a song too, and I didn't spot it in time :evil: )
Download from here

All mp3 tags are present and correct in the files so this should all play together properly on ipod/iphone/android/pc etc,
Playlist is the Wales2017.m3u file and that has the tunes playing in the correct order.
There are two wildcard tunes in there, that I added, that I think that the group would like to listen to, based on the other choices made. I also know that some people have pulled out of the trip as well but their tune choice is still in the list. There'll be a little lottery for people to make a second choice.
If you choose a tune correctly as the wildcard, you get two picks on who to get to drink. Fail and the usual forfeit applies - A nice risk/reward choice!
Track listing:
Owl City - Fireflies
Aqua - Barbie Girl
Das Racist - Booty In The Air
City High - What Would You Do
Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
Paolo Nutini - Candy
Uncle Kracker - Follow Me
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home
Neiked - Sexual
Rag'n'Bone Man - Human
Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Eels-Mr. E´s Beautiful Blues
Chiddy Bang - Opposite Of Adults
Glass Animals - Pools
Jon Waltz - Riot
Rolling Stones-(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
The Killers - Mr Brightside (Two Friends Remix)
Walking On Cars - Speeding Cars
Kungs vs Cookin on 3 Burners - This Girl
Henri PFR - Until The End ft. Raphaella
Allure - You And Your Girl
Stormzy - Shut Up
The Black Keys- Howlin' For You
All of the tunes are at about the same volume so it should sound okay, without any tune being too low in volume.

I think one tune in there may be submitted by someone not on the trip "[email protected]" - so if it's not a valid person on the trip, it'll just be another wildcard choice, no biggie.

Enjoy!
--
My Madness is all that keeps me Sane..
Contact on +353876438725 - [email protected] (not on Facebook much/ever anymore)
ConallS
Can you pass me that Biro

Thanks Cathal. I've put them all in a spotify playlist here too if anyone wants to use / download that either...

https://open.spotify.com/user/116888328 ... lf6HsVO8zm

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

ConallS wrote:Thanks Cathal. I've put them all in a spotify playlist here too if anyone wants to use / download that either...

https://open.spotify.com/user/116888328 ... lf6HsVO8zm
Spotify doesn't have most of the remixes usually though, I remember the Alps Spotify last year had 3 or 4 songs wrong. I think the Mr. Brightside remix is the only one that you've the wrong song for here, but since that's definitely one of the best songs People should just download it. Especially if you'll be one of the people connecting to the Aux, don't want someone sitting there having the wrong song play for them.
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

GavinSheehan
I have notions

Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
AislingMacca
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

My personal fave...Image

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

GavinSheehan wrote:[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170113/a9a289ebcead1cbc936c410d1fe09e58.jpg[/img]
This Mr. Brightside remix would melt the speakers. Lit af. #Turnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keeping the Boo's at Bae