Kerry New Years!!

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

What nights will you definitely be in Kerry?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:30 am

Mon 26th
No votes
Tues 27th
6%
Wed 28th
7%
Thurs 29th
22%
Fri 30th
28%
Sat 31st
25%
Sun 1st
12%

Total votes: 68
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

Well Lads!!

It's that time of year again to start thinking of your New Years plans! Our annual trip to Glenbeigh will take place from the 27/28th of December to roughly the 2nd of January depending if we've interest for these days! Come down for one night or the whole week its up to you!! It will be a week of kayaking and the craic!! Vote for the nights that you'll definitely be down in Kerry. We need to know who will be down and when to see if its worth our while renting a house or if we're going back to the same hostel.

Don't vote if your not definite of the day/ days you're coming,voting is committing to renting a space and prices will depend on how many people go. Last year people pulled out in the few days leading up to it and because of that we lost a lot of money so this year if you haven't cancelled your spot by Friday 9th of December you will still have to pay regardless if you show up or not.

We've the Sprinter booked from 26th of December to the 3rd of January. Ideally if we've the drivers it will be driven down from Limerick on the 26/27/28 of December (depending on what day people start heading down) and come back to limerick on the 2nd/3rd of January. Spaces are limited on these days and will go on a first come first serve basis. Other than these spaces you have to make your own way down and home.

Poll closes Friday the 9th of December!!

Prices will be decided after the poll closes and only includes accommodation, food and fuel will be extra and organised down there.

The poll can only be seen on the website version not on Tapatalk
Last edited by katiereidy25 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why cant it be as easy to keep track of the lads I've been with, as it is with the club money.
Cathal
I have notions

so looking forwards to this! I'll be there for as much of the full run as possible.
I've all of the week booked off from work, heading back on the Wednesday after new years. It's not often you get to take 8 days off in a row from work for 3 days holidays taken!

I'd also suggest that people try and pay up front for their stay, it's not cool to just arrive down and expect to stay for free.
--
My Madness is all that keeps me Sane..
Contact on +353876438725 - [email protected] (not on Facebook much/ever anymore)
Diarmaid_Moloney
Big Man On The Board Now

Is the poll for the nights staying or the days you plan on being in Kerry?
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

The days you plan on being in kerry

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Why cant it be as easy to keep track of the lads I've been with, as it is with the club money.
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

Actually Scratch that vote for the nights you will be staying
Eoghanc
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

Are we going to share a hostel again or what's the plan?
Eoghan Calnan
[email protected]
087 264 0926
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

Probably share again but depends on numbers

BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Bada Bing Bada Bump
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

Hey Lads!!

Don't forget that the poll closes on Friday 9th December (this Friday!!) so don't forget to vote to dibs yourself a bed!!
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

Just got one day off work for my birthday on New years so can stay the night of the 30th and 31st (1 less than I had in the poll)
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

If anyone has to pull out you have until tonight to post on this thread

JoshMorris2011
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

Pullin out's for pussies!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Have I ever mentioned that I love ZET Raptors??? Just sayin'
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

Alright Lad!!

So after all the complicated formulas and excel sheets we can finally give ye the prices for the hostel in Kerry!!

1 Night - €20
2 Nights - €40
3 Nights - €54 (€18 p/n)
4 Nights - €72 (€18 p/n)
5 Nights - €80 (€16 p/n)
6 Nights - €96 (€16 p/n)

All payments will be taken the day you arrive, I'll let you know who to give the money to sooner to the time. An additional €5 will also be required to pay said person on arrival for Sprinter fuel to bring down all our pretty boats and gear!!

Any fuel costs (for travelling to rivers and back) will be given to the driver when getting into the vehicles during the week so it's advised to have coins with you :)

Food isn't included, people can organise it themselves, if people want to do a big dinner etc its up to yourselves to organise

Last of all for those of you who are experiencing Kerry New Years for the first time the hostel we stay in is the Sleepy Camel Hostel in Glenbeigh.

If ye have any questions feel free to message me
See ye all down there!!
AlexCummins
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

What day is the Sprinter going down?
I'm just here to have fun, make friends, and fŭck shit up!
katiereidy25
Yeah I got a few posts

Eoghan calnan is driving the sprinter down the 27th so once he's got a plan he'll post up here details of what he's doing

As for everyone else the sprinter will be leaving at some point on the 27th of December and won't be coming back to limerick until the 1st of January

Therefore if you need any gear at all you need to post on this thread what you want the lads to pack for you even if it's just a helmet

If someone's already picked your boat pick another one, they may or may not be there the same days so if you intend on paddling you'd want to make sure you have a boat

Anyone free in limerick available on the 27th it would be much appreciated if ye were to call down to the bh to help pack (I think there's only 3 of them)