Raising the General Level of Freestyle In The Club.

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

mmmm_scandalous
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

Hey lads. How about Offside rolls, solid backdeck rolls and handrolls. They all really help on a river. I know most of ye can do um already anyways.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Eyjafjallajökull Eyjafjallajökull consists of a volcano completely covered by an ice cap. The ice cap covers an area of about 100 square kilometres (39 sq mi), feeding many outlet glaciers. The main outlet glaciers are to the north; Gígjökull,
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

PatrickBrennan wrote:What move do you want to learn cormac?
Hey Patrick,
I meant I'd love to being doing it, but since I'm not in Limerick it wouldn't be feasible :/
Would love to be able to loop though!
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Throw me down for:

- Badside Cartwheels
- Back-Deck Roll
- Loop
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
AndrewRegan
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

Hey, great idea Sam. The pool is a great resource and it can improve your freestyle for sure. Just a few points to note for those wanting to really make the next step.

While the pool is a fantastic resource I have seen many members be way too reliant on it. Doing freestyle in a hole or on a wave is quite different and while flatwater can help improve some moves it can actually give you bad technique for others. For instance the technique you use to throw a loop on flat can be detrimental to you throwing big airs when you are in a hole. Phoenix monkeys on flat are similar in that the technique does not transfer well to a hole.

You guys have the best freestyle wave in the country 10 minutes away which should be in soon and remain in quite consistently over the next 2-3 months. Surfing waves is probably my favourite thing to do in a kayak.

Also Tuam is about 90 minutes away, how about a bi-weekly freestyle trip!

Thats really how you will raise the general level of Freestyle in the club.