Boluisce Trip 24th October

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

GavinSheehan
I have notions

Diarmaid_Moloney wrote:Easiest thing to do is contact GKC as they are doing a level 4 assessment if the dam release is happening.
NUIG are planning a Level 4 Assessment too. They haven't said anything about a possible cancellation on their forum. Their assessor is coming from Dublin so I'd say they'll make the call on that assessment(dam release) on Wednesday or Thursday.
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
EoinHoward
Yeah I got a few posts

whats the crack mother fuckers, if this still happening i would like to go.... my house could also be used. we can leave the boats in my house by night if anyone is worried about them been taken or anything.... also we can go for pints what ever night ye want. all i require someone to bring me up a boat and a paddle. :) also another level 4 for safty
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

Il be in Galway and won't be paddling but if ye have space can ye bring up Mark's red mamba (from the raffle) it would be much appreciated :)

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk
Mark Fitz
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

Sadly the problem is carrying boats! I've got 4, and Diarmaid is carrying 3, but doesn't want to carry more as he'll have nowhere to keep them Sunday night til he returns to limerick on Monday... That said, if he brought Marks Mamba to Galway, he wouldn't have to store it....

And ya Darragh, I might actually be able to stay Saturday if my passengers were interested in that :) forgot about the bank holiday! :p
+353 87 9305667
StephenODea
Big Man On The Board Now

I'm up for staying Saturday night. Daragh has a free house on Saturday also.
GavinSheehan
I have notions

Sorry lads but I have to intervene in this! 35 posts in and ye are no closer to planning! Take it for now that the release is going ahead and there will be water. If there is water, ye will have to plan to be on the water about an hour after it has been released. Ye can check the bridge in Spiddal anyway to make sure its running as ye do shuttle.

Drivers - Do what suits ye and bring the others along with ye for the ride. Everyone is giving everyone too much choice in this thread! Drivers collectively make a decision on when they want to leave and let that be that. Ye are doing the donkey work so it's up to ye when ye come and go and how many boats/people ye want to take. If a driver wants to come home on the Saturday evening and his passengers want to stay in Galway, then his passengers can get the bus back the next day!

As Mark said, the people who have signed up are:

Conor (Are you?)
Stephen
Brian
Darragh
Shane
Mark Fitz
Diarmaid
Cormac
Mac
Bobby
Patrick
Howard

Diarmaid, Mark and Brian are definitely going because they are driving. So that's 8 boat spaces(with ye storing Diarmaids lot in Howards house until Diarmaid brings them down again. If Diarmaid is ok with that). After that is sorted, 5 people have to be picked by the STD to get the safety ratios right(with trip sign up dates taken into account). Once that is done ye are good to go!

I'd be pretty certain your brothers Mamba will have to stay in Limerick Cormac, unless someone is willing to give up a boat space for it.
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
CormacRowe
Yeah I got a few posts

Thats fine :)
Yea, only bring it up if there is a spare space, Thanks

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk
Diarmaid_Moloney
Big Man On The Board Now

Leaving boats at Howard as it's not on my way back to Limerick when I go home. I'll bring 4 boats so (no one annoy me with Raptors).
Now who the feck is actually going Conor?
Are you going Conor?
EoinHoward
Yeah I got a few posts

Shotgun Brian's car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Conor Lowe
I've got alot to say for myself

Conor Lowe wrote:Just to be clear on who's going. So for sure we have Mark, Brian and Diarmaid driving at the weekend. ( Hope I'm right there )

That means 7 boat spaces and more then enough seats. That leaves room for myself, Stevo, Daragh and Shane as things stand now.
Did no one see my last post?! So everyone above is going as they haven't said otherwise as is Howard so thats 8.

All we have to decide is a time to meet at the boathouse which as Gav said is up to the drivers.
JackPhelan
I've got alot to say for myself

Diarmaid_Moloney wrote:Leaving boats at Howard as it's not on my way back to Limerick when I go home.
Are you bringing them back to Limerick so? not very clear from that post
Phone: 086 322 9783
Diarmaid_Moloney
Big Man On The Board Now

JackPhelan wrote:
Diarmaid_Moloney wrote:Leaving boats at Howard as it's not on my way back to Limerick when I go home.
Are you bringing them back to Limerick so? not very clear from that post
Nope bring them home then back to Limerick on Monday.
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Good luck getting shotgun in my little shuttle machine Howard...

#CoopMoney #Zooom

Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
mmmm_scandalous
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

I'll be going as well.
Only if I've someone to share diesel cost with though.
I'll be coming back down to limerick Saturday evening.

Up for some exciting race paced laps!.. Not sitting around in freezing cold eddies all day. Who's with me?? Going to be a great weekend! :) #dacrewisout

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Eyjafjallajökull Eyjafjallajökull consists of a volcano completely covered by an ice cap. The ice cap covers an area of about 100 square kilometres (39 sq mi), feeding many outlet glaciers. The main outlet glaciers are to the north; Gígjökull,
EoinHoward
Yeah I got a few posts

Sound good mark... If u bring up a boat for me I'll chip in for some diesel... That give one extra space with the lads?