~~ULKC SWIMMER X-FILES~~

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

EoinK
I've got alot to say for myself

Was this a miracle Alps trip with feck all swimming, or is there a major backlog of entertainment due on this thread?!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
Phone: 0876637836. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/eoin.keyes.3

Loadsa kayakin videos, mostly of ULKC people: http://www.youtube.com/user/kayakincheese

Kayaking blog: http://eoinkeyes.blogspot.ie/
Diarmaid_Moloney
Big Man On The Board Now

EoinK wrote:Was this a miracle Alps trip with feck all swimming, or is there a major backlog of entertainment due on this thread?
A few are due
Brian, Josh, Joe, Adam, Alex, Eoghan, Coco
PatrickBrennan
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

Diarmaid_Moloney wrote:
EoinK wrote:Was this a miracle Alps trip with feck all swimming, or is there a major backlog of entertainment due on this thread?
A few are due
Brian, Josh, Joe, Adam, Alex, Eoghan, Coco
AHEM LADS, GET THEM DONE!!!!

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
BrianOMahony
Big Man On The Board Now

Name: Brian O'Mahony
Date: 3rd June 2016
Shitty Excuse: Capsized as I went through a hole at the end of one of the rapids. Tried a roll but couldn't because of rocks so I thought I must be still floating in the rapid and just stayed tucked up. Then tried to roll again and hit the same rock so realized I wasn't moving. I was able to reach a hand up onto the side of the rock and tried to pull myself up but I could only manage enough to have my face mostly out of the water and couldn't get any farther. Tried pulling some more but while breathing some water started pouring into my mouth so I bailed.
Emotional Issues Arising from the Event: Extreme disappointment after going a year and a half without a swim but I suppose it had to happen sometime. Also got a bit of mocking for the look of terror on my face as I came up but I'll get over it.
Persons Requiring Rescue Pints: I hopped straight out onto rocks still holding my paddle and the boat stayed pinned but Adam McEvoy was there very quick and gave me a hand dragging it back and emptying it.
Swim Bootie: Yes. Penance was done that night.
13325611_1246354488707960_7658728006791205604_n.jpg
Keeping the Boo's at Bae

Phone: 087 609 0442
Email: [email protected]
Adammcevoy_1995
Whoohoo!

Name: Adam Mc Evoy
Date: 3rd June 2016
Shitty excuse: I took a knock after Slut drop which broke my helmet and I was held down for the bones of 40secs, hand rolled up with big Ois Higgins beside me in an eddie. I was put off my game for the remainder of the river, hit another rock further downstream which flipped me, hit my head again and was like "FUCH DIS" so I bailed.
Emotional issues arising from the event: Sheer distress at the loss of my beautiful helmet, and brain damage!!
Persons requiring rescue pints: S.O.D., Daragh Heff, Brian O' M, Oisin H
Swim bootie: Finito, and I also got a hair caught in my mouth from it #gagreflex

Peace and Love bruthas

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you... stranger!"
ConallS
Can you pass me that Biro

Name: Conall Sweeney
Date: 3rd June 2016 (I think)
Shitty excuse: During the race, when trying to catch the fourth gate (which I was really feckin looking forward to) I got caught in the small sticky bit. When I was making my way throigh het gate I was being a tired, lazy bitch and wasn't getting my strokes in, so when breaking out towards the next gate, the flow coming over the rock flipped me. I was on my weaker side so I thought "fŭck it, I'll give it a go!" Tried twice, nearly had it the second time, but lazy bitch Coco popped up and said "fŭck this, I'm tired" so I pulled my dick.... *DECK. Sorry.
Emotional issues arising from the event: Frustration at my balls-of-a-DNF in the race, considering how much I was looking forward to the course Cathal put together.
Persons requiring rescue pints: Cathal Ferris for nailing me with the rope, and Jack Phelan for getting my boat and paddle! Also C-Lowe and Papa Calnan for the Hugs!
Swim bootie: Nope

SozCon...
StephenODea
Big Man On The Board Now

Josh.. joe.. Alex. . Eoghan..
Any others?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Jemma Shorten
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

Name: Jemma Shorten
Date: (Mini gorge day)
Location: MIni gorge, just after the drop into the mini gorge. Slovenia.
Shitty excuse: I flipped over, my upper body set up for a roll, but my legs said nope we are out of here!
Emotional Issues arising from the event: It wasn't as relaxing as last years swim in the same spot!! #bestday-alps2015
Persons requiring rescue pints: Conor Lowe emptied most of my boat, but Raft Guy did most of the work :wink: Sea launched off the raft!!

Name: Jemma Shorten
Date: Second day in France
Shitty excuse: Working on my rescuing paddle skills...... flipped getting into an eddy...
Emotional Issues arising from the event: That was an annoying eddy to get back into my boat!
Persons requiring rescue pints: Myself!! Self rescued = 1 eddy, 1 me, 1 boat and 2 paddles :D
Swim Bootie Yes... 1+1/2 Booties!! :lol:
PatrickBrennan
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

Jemma Shorten wrote:Name: Jemma Shorten

Shitty excuse: Working on my rescuing paddle skills...... flipped getting into an eddy...
That was my paddle..... Sorry Jemma :oops:
Adammcevoy_1995
Whoohoo!

So when is Stephen O Dea doing his swimmer file for when he swam on Castleconnell a few weeks back!!!

Stevo loves pulling his d(e/i)ck
"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you... stranger!"
StephenODea
Big Man On The Board Now

I think you need a dictionary to actually understand what swimming involves.
:/
JackPhelan
I've got alot to say for myself

Still waiting Stephen...
Alex I believe you owe one too...
Phone: 086 322 9783
AndrewRegan

Name: Andrew Regan
Date: Sometime in July
Shitty excuse: The Upper section was dog low, coming around the corner there was a slot drop. Not wanting to drop into the slot I boofed the centre rock to avoid the slot. Turns out there was a smaller fŭck you rock after the main rock which flipped me into the wall creating the slot. I was completely wedged between the fŭck you rock and the wall and couldnt move. Pulled my deck and floated into the calm pool below the drop.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: Laughing
Persons requiring rescue pints: my friends 50 year old dad...
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence) Not yet actually.... I forgot
AlexCummins

NAME: Alex Cummins
DATE: 21-2-2016
Shitty Excuse: It was a wild day on the Glens! I was approaching the beast that is Big Ass, the holes were muchy and the shits were runny! Got through to the run up okay, got knocked a bit by the curler above. Fell off Big Ass as I was capsizing! Went to set up for a roll in the hole when out of nowhere my paddles got ripped out of my hands and that's when I reached for Jesus to set me free!
Emotional Issues arising from theach event: There is now a lime green Mamba MIA somewhere between Big Ass and the Atlantic Ocean! Luckily my AT Geronimos were rescued from a tree at the get off big the Fresh Prince of Kildare.
Persons Requiring Rescue beers: Fresh Prince of Kildare O'Connor, Eoin Howard and Brian O'Mahony
Booty Beer?: will be done at Shane and Stephens B-Day
I'm just here to have fun, make friends, and fŭck shit up!
TomOBrien
Preposterous amount of posts "Preposter-Post"

Name: Tom O'Brien

Date: 23/2/17

Shifty excuse: I was following Eoghan Calnan swim down the bottom of S-bend which had me too distracted to notice me hurtling towards a small undercut. After a small struggle with the wall I eventually gave up, capsized, tried to roll up and found my paddle was caught in a rock. Swam out and into an eddy

Persons requiring rescue beers: Jack Phelan and Brian O'Mahony

Booty beer: Will be done at Shane and Stephen's b-day bash.
I think what you're trying to say is "Why aren't I wearing a jumper?"