~~ULKC SWIMMER X-FILES~~

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

SamOC
Big Man On The Board Now

Have the footage of your swim. It's gas
The Fresh Prince of Kildare.
Eoghanc
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

SamOC wrote:Have the footage of your swim. It's gas
On Gearmeehan or CC?
Eoghan Calnan
[email protected]
087 264 0926
SamOC
Big Man On The Board Now

Gearmean
Conor Lowe
I've got alot to say for myself

Name: Conor Lowe
Date: December 18th 2015
shitty Excuse: Saw Eoghan capsised and went to T-Rescue, turns out he didn't need it. Ended up getting pushed under trees. Rolled up once but lost my paddles after capsising a second time and then bailed.
Person requiring rescue drinks: Mark and Jack. Great rescue and great effort to get the boats back afterwards.
Emotional Issues: Lost my AT2's. Fuckin raging.
Bootie beer: Ambushed by Jack later that night. Think a few people have videos??
SamOC
Big Man On The Board Now

Why havent you put up a fb post about the paddles? Im sure theres one very lucky paddler downstream of castleconnell with a lovely new set of AT2s.
GavinSheehan
I have notions

SamOC wrote:Why havent you put up a fb post about the paddles? Im sure theres one very lucky paddler downstream of castleconnell with a lovely new set of AT2s.
I was just gonna say! I'd say I've found at least 6 sets of paddles on CC since I started paddling there. Might be nearly too late now almost a month after the incident....
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
Conor Lowe
I've got alot to say for myself

Yeh kept on putting it off until the levels go down and there's more people out there but I doubt there'd have been many people out since and even if they were seen I doubt they'd be accessible.

Was going to throw up a post soon and go out and look myself when I get the the chance. How are the levels now anyway??
GavinSheehan
I have notions

Conor Lowe wrote:Yeh kept on putting it off until the levels go down and there's more people out there but I doubt there'd have been many people out since and even if they were seen I doubt they'd be accessible.

Was going to throw up a post soon and go out and look myself when I get the the chance. How are the levels now anyway??
Higher than they were the day you swam. Put up the post now. They could be in Scotland by now.
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
Diarmaid_Moloney
Big Man On The Board Now

Name: Diarmaid
Date: 9th of January
Shitty excuse: my deck popped
Emotional Issues: my relationship with my spray deck has hit an all time low and considering leaving for a newer upgrade.
Bootie beer: some day
Alison_Bailey
Yeah I got a few posts

Name: Alison

Date: 22nd January

Shitty Excuse: I don't even know, I hit the bottom of the drop and fell toward the right,couldn't hold my edge up enough, also couldn't get a stroke in. Set up for the roll, but it didn't go according to plan. Also at that moment in time I completely forgot a t rescue existed! So popped the deck.

Persons Requiring Rescue Pints: Luke Farren with a sexy ass rope! It was beautiful! Also Brian I know got my boat....

Emotional Issues: if anything it made me more willing to run the timed trial one because I felt it had to land that drop upright again.

Bootie Beer: there was enough alcohol consumed this week I think we should call it even........

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
HMU if you want to do along distance ir marathon! Based in Laois now. 0851009998
SamOC
Big Man On The Board Now

Booty beer! Man up!
Alison_Bailey
Yeah I got a few posts

Yeah yeah, maybe some day

HMU if you want to do along distance ir marathon! Based in Laois now. 0851009998
Shane_Desmond
Preposterous amount of posts "Preposter-Post"

Name: [Shane "Daddys boy" Desmond
Date:[26/01/16]
Shitty excuse:[Used all my boofing on big Eas #flatasanun]
Emotional Issues arising from the event:[Thought I was under for several hours, had a bitch fit, later footage showed my 15 second submergence]
Persons requiring rescue pints:[John Kelly, unreal rope throwing]
Swim Bootie: [To be completed at varsities]
Alison_Bailey
Yeah I got a few posts

Name: Alison Bailey

Date: 26th

Shifty Excuse: I was a Glens virgin and hence a tad nervous and sure look I swam....

Emotional Issues: I had to walk a lot of the Glens forestry....it's quite nice really.

Persons requiring rescue pints: all of the lads that were there.....I am pretty sure you all helped me out at some stage, thanks!

Bootie Beer: I'll add it to the list, probably be varsities....

(Also I swam twice this day.....I don't even know where, one was at the bottom of the s bend thing I think...)

PatrickBrennan
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

Name: Patrick Brennan

Date: February 26th 2016

Number of swims: 2

Location 1: At the bottom of Top drop.

Location 2: The easier bit between Vee drop and S Bend.

Shitty excuse 1: Terror: I went to far river left and ended up flipping beside the bank after two failed rolls I panicked and didn't realise I could have t rescued using the bank

Shitty excuse 2: I was metaphorically shitting myself in fear for most of the day after top drops mishap didn't help to build my already shaky confidence leaving me powerless to just slow things down and roll as i normally would do.

Emotional issues: At the time; fear but I have to admit I was pretty happy with how I got on.

Persons requiring rescue pints: Brian O' Mahony; Daragh Heffernan; Eoin Farrell; one of the UCD guys as well.

Bootie beer: I guess I'll do it at Galway Fest If peoples really want me too

P.S. Realistically this should have been 4 swims but I walked Big eas, Sidewinder and Constriction
Also cheers to Daragh for un-pinning me at the top of mikey's
I was just stuck on rock sitting there and could do nothing but hold myself until he pulled me off

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
Last edited by PatrickBrennan on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.