~~ULKC SWIMMER X-FILES~~

Everything trip related goes here, everything related to on-the-water stuff.

Moderator: Rian O Connell

EoinK
I've got alot to say for myself

oliver_duggan wrote:technically i never pulled my deck as the deck didn't fit the boat! so that bootie beer i did was a load of bollics!
Bootie beer? What bootie beer? I didn't see no bootie beer.

Independant verification will be needed...
Phone: 0876637836. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/eoin.keyes.3

Loadsa kayakin videos, mostly of ULKC people: http://www.youtube.com/user/kayakincheese

Kayaking blog: http://eoinkeyes.blogspot.ie/
Conor_B

that's irrelevant if the findings are that he didn't actually swim. Now I didn't see it but can we get actual witnesses to come forth or is there video evidence?
A lot of truth is said in jest.....
LukeKelly
Big Man On The Board Now

Name: Luke Kelly

Date:12/04/14 "The day Tramore had no waves"

Shitty excuse: I was in the club champs surf competition. But the boat I was in had jammed foot blocks on the furthest back slot, and as we all know I'm a small guy; so no foot blocks for Lukey :( . Any who I think I was doing ok, I was catching a few swells which seemed to be the best you could get, and I saw another competitor swim constantly so I thought I was gonna do well out of my heat but them disaster struck! The strings holding the back rest in place popped outta the yokes that hold the strings in place, you know what I'm talking about. So no foot blocks and no backrest. Needless to say I felt wobbly. I had 5 mins left so I said I'd just carry on, I rolled twice then when I saw the red flag go up that it was over I was like yahoo and stated to head back in then keyes shouted something at me and I was trying to hear him when suddenly a wave hit me and knocked me over I rolled but that wave had a friend called Lucy who knocked me as soon as I got up and seems as I was already nearly ashore I was lying on my face.... My paddles where kinda stuck between the ground and boat and I couldn't get them up so I thought sure jaysus I'm technically on the beach so I just pulled the deck and hopped out. Needless to say it was a bigger deal then I thought! Since I'm here writing a story about how I swam on a day with awful waves in front of the ICU.

Emotional Issues arising from the event: I don't really have any

Persons requiring rescue pints: I just stood up and walked two feet forward to dry land

Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence): I'll do it at the next time of drinking
Attachments
swim booty.jpg
GavinSheehan
I have notions

Name: Gavin Sheehan
Date: May 23rd 2014
Shitty excuse: The water was very very high....and that hole wasn't there last year......and falling into it backwards didn't help.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: I will admit I was scared. Being washing machined out of my boat and not surfacing for 30 seconds wasn't the best thing that's ever happened to me....
Persons requiring rescue pints: I think Andrew Regan pulled me out of the water....I think.
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence) A booty of gritty warm UHT milk was done the night after. Not sure if there is video/photo of it but there's a couple of videos of the swim.

The Gavin Sheehan 2014 Alps Carnage Reel coming your way this July for only 5 euro!
Also included: Interview with Gavin Sheehan titled "Raft Run 2014: The Hole That Wouldn't Let Go".
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
Cathal
I have notions

Name: Cathal Ferris
Date: Week 1 Alps trip
Shitty excuse: still getting used to the new boat, inexperience of big volume, and being apprehensive of both of those didn't help.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: It was a bit of a fright floating at forehead level in aerated water and breathing a bit of water is never fun. Otherwise head was kept on shoulders and no panic. Confidence took a hit too.
Persons requiring rescue pints: Micheál and Richie Daly for the tow, and Rob for the boat tow. Unsure who got the paddles.
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence) yes, was done the next day. Unknown if there was footage of the booty beer, but I have gopro footage of the swim.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
--
My Madness is all that keeps me Sane..
Contact on +353876438725 - [email protected] (not on Facebook much/ever anymore)
mmmm_scandalous
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

Name: Mark
Date: 1st week alps
Shitty excuse: Was towing a boat with a sling. Got wraped up in a sling after my paddle got jammed in a rock. Upside down no paddle wraped in a sling.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: pickling hate slings
Persons requiring rescue pints: richie got the paddles!
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence) I'm sure it'll get done sometime
Eyjafjallajökull Eyjafjallajökull consists of a volcano completely covered by an ice cap. The ice cap covers an area of about 100 square kilometres (39 sq mi), feeding many outlet glaciers. The main outlet glaciers are to the north; Gígjökull,
mmmm_scandalous
Too Many posts you should SLLLOWW-DOWWNN!

Name: Mark
Date: 1st week alps
Shitty excuse: Was having so much fun I wasnt paying attention to the hole.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: Love Mr. Crosbie.. Great rope work Lad!
Persons requiring rescue pints: Crosbie
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence) That'll be done sometime too.
Eyjafjallajökull Eyjafjallajökull consists of a volcano completely covered by an ice cap. The ice cap covers an area of about 100 square kilometres (39 sq mi), feeding many outlet glaciers. The main outlet glaciers are to the north; Gígjökull,
MikeShaw
Big Man On The Board Now

Name:Mike
Date: 5th June 2014
Shitty excuse: Went to get Dana after she swam and timed my breakout wrong, swerved to avoid knocking her teeth out and flipped, Didnt want to roll with her next to me as I didnt know where she was so held on for the T. Cathal however couldnt get into a good T position in time and after trying to get to his front grab loop and feeling my shoulder twang decided to surface for air and pulled the deck.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: Pulling the deck with 2 grands worth of camera equipment in the back of my boat going "Please fŭck someone rescue the boat!"
Persons requiring rescue pints: On the fence about that one, Cathal should have got in position faster :P
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence) N, I have a can of Lasko waiting to do it when my gear gets back from Italy
"Isn't that Sexual Harrasment?"

"Not if you're Good Looking!"
ConallS
Can you pass me that Biro

Name: Conall (Coco)
Date: Monday, June 2nd (Alps Week 2)

Shitty Excuse: I was emotionally drained from the week of Crosbie-related harassments, including the kidnapping of Chestnut the duck at the get-on. This invisible trauma left me ill-prepared for the boilyness of the narrow section. This, paired with the duck that was taped to my helmet (because of the kidnapping earlier) raised my centre of gravity, leaving me powerless to roll.

Emotional Issues Arising from the Event: Not knowing I was looking into Chestnut's eyes for the last time, ballsing up my roll 6 times, losing my not-pink bottle... ... ... also my boat got pinned.

Persons Requiring Pints: Sean Murphy and Ethan for the rescue (and entertainment in the duo), Mike and Eoin Farrel for rescuing my pinned boat.

Swim Bootie Y/N: Not yet. :oops:
EoinK

Name: Keyes
Date: Not sure. Alps week 1 'rest day'.
Shitty excuse: uh, it was high? And that rock stuck out a bit further than it looked from the bridge?
Emotional Issues arising from the event: Need to rebuild some trust in peoples rescue skills.
Persons requiring rescue pints: Pretty much the entire crew, anyone who wasn't involved in fishing me out was down below getting my boat.
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence): n
Phone: 0876637836. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/eoin.keyes.3

Loadsa kayakin videos, mostly of ULKC people: http://www.youtube.com/user/kayakincheese

Kayaking blog: http://eoinkeyes.blogspot.ie/
PatrickBrennan
This Is The Rank Title For 400 Posts Congratulations

Name: Patrick Brennan
Date: 13/06/14
3 Swims in the one day :(

Shitty excuse Number 1: Due to lack of confidence on rapids I sort of panicked when I capsized rather than waiting for a rescue like you would on flat water I pulled my deck before anyone could get to me. This was really stupid because I was practically surrounded by people who would have easily gotten to me in time.

Shitty excuse number 2: I got stuck upside down in the hole before the S Bend while practicing Ferry-gliding and my deck came off because it was two big for the boat according to Jack.

Shitty excuse Number 3: Got turned over by a rock that hit on a rapid. Basically the same as number 1 accept people were further away

Emotional issues : None really, I was a bit raging about number 1 in particular.

People requiring rescue pints: Never did this but I will when the year starts or next Time I see them, Dan O' Sullivan and Donie for emptying my boat.

Swim Bootie: None Yet, I was never asked.
AndrewRegan
Na na na na na na Nash Nash

Name: Andrew Regan
Date: July 28th 2014
Shitty excuse: My shoulder hurt to use my paddle so i finished my rides in the competition and decided to hand paddle the slalom section and drop into the sticky, steep hole. It had claimed quite a few swimmers all week with paddles but I thought I could make it out. After 3 or 4 handrolls to window shades it was pretty clear i wasnt coming out. Popped my deck, got recycled once and flushed.
Emotional Issues arising from the event: Happiness! and a lot of laughing from the entire irish team who were on the bank. (there is video footage somewhere)
Persons requiring rescue pints: Swam to bank and Aran got my boat
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence) Yep did a swim bootie at the closing party
ConallS
Can you pass me that Biro

Name: Conall :/
Date: 17th September 2014 :/
Shitty excuse: I was caught off guard by the responsibility of teaching beginners how a t-rescue is done. The pressure got to me when demonstrating, and my body went all silly, so I swam. I had no paddle... I guess :(
Emotional Issues arising from the event: Confidence, self-worth and masculinity (however much was present) all took a hit... :'(
Persons requiring rescue pints: Nobody.... now let us never speak of this again....
Swim Bootie Y/N (Evidence): As of yet.... no (I have 2 due now )
GavinSheehan
I have notions

There must have been a few swims recently! Get them down!
Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

087 751 4733
niall c
I'm really out of my shell

Gavin, stop trying to make the fourm happen! It's not going to happen