Hire car notes.

This is were all the exciting things will be happening for our Alpine Adventure 2017

Moderator: Eoghanc

Cathal
I have notions

Generally when we've hired 9-seaters, if we can get an automatic, it makes life a lot easier on drivers. There should be very little if any difference in cost as well. If there is a cost difference, ask the driver about that before completing the booking.

Last year's Jumpy was the least pleasant machine I've had to drive in years, very tiring to drive long distance, and the really crappy gearbox did not help. The Ducato from 3 years back was a terrible drive as well. Both of those were manual boxes.

Nicest car to drive in all the years of driving a hire car over there was a Vito auto, and everyone that was in it was properly rested.

Also, having a secondary driver on the hire car would prevent another day like the transfer from Slovenia to France where there was a ~15 hour day of driving, from causing a loss of a days paddling the next day.

Putting this note up before the hire goes ahead this year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
--
My Madness is all that keeps me Sane..
Contact on +353876438725 - [email protected] (not on Facebook much/ever anymore)